Friday, December 26, 2014

Rebuilding

        Life is a crazy thing.  It ebbs and flows, taking you to great heights of the purest emotions, and just a couple years later, you could be hitting rock bottom.
 It really was not that long ago that I was being told I had cancer....   told that I had a 50/50 chance of living for another 5 years.  And now, here it is- 9 years later, and I've got a life I could only have dreamed about back then.  Is it perfect?  Well of course not.  My job drives me crazy, I work way too many hours, the daily shuffle can be excruciating at times.  I stop and wonder occasionally,What are we shuffling for?  Our paychecks?  I lose my way.  Frequently.  But I have to admit, it's a charmed life I'm living.  I think I might be downright spoiled at this point, and have forgotten some of the cold nights I've endured with out heat, or the drama I've had to deal with daily in my life before.  Life is really beautiful, but the truth is, in the midst of craziness I've lost my way, lost my path.

The great news is, I know where I'm going wrong, and with a whole week of doing basically nothing and enjoying it, I'm back on track.  I hope. haha No really, I think I'm getting back in the right mindset, and I know where I wanna go and who I wanna be.  Good things on the rise.  =)

-L


     
       

1 comment:

  1. Lori? Are you there? : ) It's the same Smart Ass from waaay back. Drop me a line if can. The 2beagledogz are the sweetest voices in the Heavenly Beagle Choir now, but always written in the history of my heart.
    Love to you and happiness always, k. 2beagledogz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete